Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

xmms2

As everyone knows,xmms is a great audio player,except it depends on gtk+,so I turned to bmp which depends on gtk+-2.0.But letting bmp to play flac is diffculty,so I choosed bmpx.
At first,bmpx satisfied me,until version 3.
1.compiling bmpx take 99% of my memory!you know,I have 1GB ram,it sucks!
2.shout cast or something is cool,BUT,I did,do,and will never need that!But everytime bmpx tries to access the stupid network address that I cat not connect to from my network in order to get information about shout cast which makes bmpx's starting up take at least 5 minutes!What's more,bmpx does not provide an option to close the sucking function until a recent version.
So,now I give bmpx up and get xmms2,a C/S audio player.I can choose different clients as I wish to communicate with the xmms2 server,it's cool.

No comments: