Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2007

hdaps now works

At last I found an hdaps protect patch for kernel 2.6.20,patch it:


#patch -p1 < /path/to/hdaps_protect-2.6.20.patch

remember to compile hdaps as a module
then install the tp_smapi with hdaps support:

#USE="hdaps" emerge tp_smapi
#modprobe tp_smapi

and install hdapsd:

#emerge hdapsd
#rc-update add hdapsd default battery

after reboot,try it with updatedb,when I shake my laptop,the hard drive stops working,and when I stop,it remains working,cool!
ps:
first,when a boot the laptop with the new patched kernel,something goes wrong:
my ethernet card can not be brought up,due to EEPROM checksum error,
then I insert a cable,remove the e1000 module and probe it again,it works.Then I use a script from lenovo,run it:

#./vidalia-eeprom-mod-script eth0

now problem resolved
:P

3 comments:

fanmmm said...

臭臭臭臭臭死了

alkos333 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
new laptop battery said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.